Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 4 & 5

Feb 3.-10. The recording of rest of the solos, the bass and some serious singing...

On tuesday the 3rd, I started finishing the lead guitars. It took a couple of days and I was so relieved when I finally got it wrapped!! I did some great melodies, harmonies and shredding...Here´s the pic of my cab that I promised, it´s got this great "Van Halen" set up of microphones, don´t ask...

Also the keyboard tracks by Mr. Klingenberg were put to place. There´s goin´ to be a little bit of keytar soloing as well....

Then on Friday Mr. Jaan Wessman visited us and did a bass for one song called "Beautiful Piece". He used his fretless bass, so it turned out to be really cool sounding...

Monday was off but on the following day I got a real pleasure to have Mr. Marco Hietala to be a quest vocalist on my record. He´s suberb! It´s amazing to hear his voice in my own, tiny little song..Anyway the song turned out to be a killer! Just wait until you hear it!

So, the rest is now up to mixing and masterin´ and I´m still waiting to hear Mr Kakko´s performance in one song that he´s doing for my album. But I´m sure it will be a killer as well! :-)










12 comments:

  1. *_* Sugoiii

    I really wanna hear that!!

    Good luck and best regards.
    Kisses =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited to hear the new album, it's driving me nuts, haha.

    Marco. Is. Amazing. I'm glad it came out killer, it just raises my excitement more.

    Have fun playing with the songs haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. finaly! mister viljanen has been blogging again! what took you so long? :P that pic of you and marco = funny!! and i cant wait to hear the album. i love marco's voice alot! he's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr.Hietala and Mr.Kakko singing in your album? Cool! Can't wait to hear those songs, they must be a killer as you say. Well, the other songs must be great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Marco and Tony singing in your new album!! That's AMAZING!! I really want to hear your new album!! :D Keep on playing as well as you did in your previous albums!! xD. Greetings from Argentina :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elias!! Great photos and news! =)
    Waiting for more...
    Kisses from Buenos Aires.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Evil,
    I'm looking forward to your new thing so much!
    I'm sure it will be sound great, cause staff preparing this album is great!:)
    And vocals by Marco and Tony...no comment...It'was great idea!
    Take care,
    Susane from Slovakia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiii Elias =)

    I see that your blog seems to be over now, it's too bad, I'd love to read what happen in your life of musician, but well I guess you don't have enough time...

    I hope everything's okay with your solo album, and with the new Sonata's album :)!! You can't imagine how I can't wait for both !!!!! I'm sure both will be more awesome than ever !!! Yeah !!!

    Take care, best wishes from France
    Maryn~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check out the homepage, http://www.eliasviljanen.com/
    under the media section we can listen to "Up tp Speed" :D

    It's an awesome song :D
    But no vocals by Marco or Tony :o
    But I think it's good, since it does not match any vocals :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. On Elias' Myspace there's a new song!!!
    "Last Breath of Love" WITH MARCO ON VOCALS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are Tony singing in your new album? Oh my God *-*
    You're so bad,Elias... XD'
    I love you and Mr. Kakko!

    Kisses from João Pessoa,Brazil! \o/

    ReplyDelete
  12. ouoooooooooooooo adoroooooooooooooooo muito os dois...
    beijos e mais beijos....

    ReplyDelete