Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week 1









January 12.-15. The drum sessions, Phantom Studio, Ylöjärvi Finland.

Last Monday I took my home demos to Phantom Studios in Ylöjärvi. It felt like my demo-dvd would have been somekind of national treasure or something when I drove it 10 km to the studio.:-) kidding.. yep, they are just another bunch of good old rock songs! This will be my third Studio album and this time around the cd won´t be totally instrumental?!

But anyway, I had my home-demos moved to Phantom Studio´s computer. Samu at Phantom Studio built the sessions for my songs to his Pro Tools and we were ready to rock. On Tuesday and Wednesday we recorded the drums with Tomi Ylönen (www.manzana.fi) to the following new E.vil-songs: "The Triumph", "Cruel Groove", "Up To Speed", "Head Up High", "Showstopper" and very special "Japanese bonus track" :-) Then on Thursday Mikko from Apocalyptica (www.apocalyptica.com) visited us and he did an amazing job of recording 6 songs in 1 day!? He´s awesome! The songs were titled "Vision Quest" aka "Supernatural", "Beautiful Piece", "The Last Breath of Love", "Kiss Of rain", "Fire-Hearted" and "One Tonight".

So far everything has worked according to plans and I´m really pleased how the drums turned out to be. I´m really excited and can´t wait for the next week when we start to record the bass with Mr. Kainulainen (www.evergrey.net)!

Keep you posted,

Elias

8 comments:

  1. Great idea recording with all the other guys a few great musicians you have there with you, really looking forward to the album Elias.

    Cya man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a beautiful feeling to give live to this new album! I really can`t wait to hear it. So good luck...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homma kuulostaa kaiken kaikkiaan erittäin asialliselta! Karvasen Reiska kannuissa!

    - John Kärppä

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elias;
    I like this blog too :)
    great idea, congratulations!!!!
    I am very anxious to listen the new album!
    Have a very nice weekend!
    Maria (Buenos Aires)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Elias, tha's so fucking great!!!!! anew album this year, with all these good guests (and you^^)!!!! You will get the golden, that's sure!!!
    Monet Kiitoksia!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like some math...
    I'm REALLY looking foward to that album...give us more news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, nice to find such blog. I love to read things about how an album is being developed. Btw, it's great to know that Mikko parcitipates in it. 6 songs in one day?? My God, this guy rocks. Btw, who wrote this drum notes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait
    so excited..
    continuing always for more news :)

    ReplyDelete