Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week 2

January 20.-23. Recording the bass and the rhythm guitars.

Mr. Kainulainen came all the way from Norway to pay us a visit. In only 2 days he recorded all the songs (exept 1 song which will have a special guest..) Jari´s style really adds a flavor to the songs, and he really knows how to shred also!!
He uses super cool 6-string basses...

On Friday I got the time to start to record the rhythm guitars. At first we were searching the sound to be right for a moment and tried out different microphones. We ended up using the "Van Halen" set up, a combination of different microphones, don´t ask, I´m not sure what it means, but I will update a picture next week...So, I did "Head Up High", "One Tonight", "The Triumph" and "Fire-Hearted". I recorded the parts twice, so we get this huge stereo feel to the guitars. I took a picture of my amp settings if anyone is interested. In the studio all the effects are addded afterwards, so I didn´t use anything, as you see from the photo, that there´s only a cable between the guitar and amplifier.

More guitar-freaking next week!!

Elias













2 comments:

  1. The mention to van halen, for some obscure reason, made me laugh.
    And there are some sexy basses on the picture, I want one!


    Keep up the great job and I can't wait for some more news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guitar is so beautiful...yes i'm jealous haha. Thanks for keeping your fans updated!

    ReplyDelete